Math Department Policies:
- A minimum of 3 major grades and 15 daily grades will be given per grading period.
- Tests will be taken within the class period. Exceptions for those students with accommodations. Questions left unanswered are counted as incorrect.
- If a student is absent on test day, they will take the test on the day of their return. If a student is absent on the day of the review, they will take the test as scheduled.
- At the end of each grading period, a cumulative test will be given to all students. The grade will be used as a test grade and it will also be used to replace the lowest test grade in the corresponding grading period. If the cumulative test is the lowest test grade, it will be counted as a single test grade. If the cumulative test replaces a lower test grade, it will be counted as two test grades.
- 3 to 5 days will be allowed from the due date for grades to be posted on Skyward. Projects will be allowed more time.
- The math department follows the WOHS policy for absences and make-up work: the number of days out is how many days the student has to return the work that was assigned. IF the student is absent for extracurricular activities, the school policy states that the work is due on the day of their return. Therefore, it is expected that the student will get their assignment/notes prior to their event, or check their teacher’s blog to get the assignment/notes. It is the student’s responsibility to get with the teacher asap to ask their questions about the material taught.
- Late work is not accepted beyond the assigned due date and will be recorded in Skyward as a zero. By nature, math is a cumulative course. The curriculum builds on prior skills, daily. If students are not doing their assignments, they will not be successful in any math course. Exceptions are made pending circumstances.